Friday, May 15, 2009

My Blogging Failures

So I am officially finished with my semester in Aix. Finals are over, papers are finished, and turned all of my books and the key to my locker. I cannot believe that I will soon be leaving Aix and Europe. This experience has really been more than I could have ever asked for and has forced me to grow up in ways that I never would have imagined. ANWAYS, one big shocker was that my blogging skills could not keep up. So to make up for it I will try to remember fantastic stories from the past semester and post them for you all to read, because I am sure you are dying to. Just give you a little taste, I will now retell the story of Barcelona...for your reading pleasure:

Story 1: Barcelona
5:30 a.m.: Claire, Samantha, Lauren and I were dropped off at the Barcelona bus station and proceed to walk the 20 minutes to our hostel.
5:40 a.m.: We pose to take a fantastic picture on the street in Barcelona, being the great tourists that we are
5:45 a.m.: As we read our somewhat confusing directions to the hostel a guy comes up behind me and start pulling on the strap of my Longchamp. I wasn't sure what to do but decided that my best option was to hang on and get out the only words I can ("hey"...I think). He then proceeds to push me into the street and pull me through it by the handles of my bag. At this Lauren has gotten just a little upset and decides tackle, yes tackle, this man to the ground (while screaming some good profanities at him too!). Sam wanted to get in on it too, and come up with the great idea of repeatly hitting him with her open umbrella. So then the burgular and his friend ran away, and people proceeded to shh us on the street.
6:00 a.m.: We end up safely in our hostel, right before a huge thunderstorm.

I would also like to note that a week later, another guy in the program was in Barcelona for spring break and was robbed at gunpoint. At 9:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. i swear i am the only person i know [other than sarah and the others i was with] who did not get robbed or witness a crime while visiting barcelona! wtf!

    ReplyDelete